Polydactyly is a condition where a person has more than five fingers or toes on one or both hands or feet. It is usually caused by a genetic mutation that affects the development of the limbs in the womb. Polydactyly is not very common, but there are some famous people who have or had this condition. Here are some of them:
- Gemma Arterton is an English actress who starred in movies such as Quantum of Solace, Clash of the Titans, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. She was born with an extra finger on each hand next to her pinky, and they were removed right away.
- Drew Carey is an American comedian, actor, and game show host who is known for his shows The Drew Carey Show, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and The Price Is Right. He claims in his autobiography that he was born with an 11th toe.
- Halle Berry is an Oscar-winning actress who has appeared in films such as Monster’s Ball, X-Men, and Catwoman. She is rumored to have an extra pinky toe on her right foot, but she has denied it in interviews.
- Taye Diggs is an American actor and singer who has starred in Broadway musicals such as Rent and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, as well as TV shows such as Private Practice and All American. He was born with 12 fingers, six on each hand, and had them removed as a child.
- Danny Garcia is an American professional boxer who is a former unified welterweight and light welterweight world champion. He was born with six toes on his right foot, which he considers a lucky charm⁵ .
- Hrithik Roshan is an Indian actor and singer who is one of the most popular and highest-paid stars in Bollywood. He was born with a supernumerary thumb on his right hand, which he does not consider a deformity but a part of his identity .
- Garfield Sobers is a former cricketer from Barbados who is widely regarded as one of the greatest all-rounders of all time. He was born with six fingers on each hand, but had them removed when he was young .
- Kate Hudson is an American actress and producer who is the daughter of Goldie Hawn and the mother of Ryder Robinson. She has a small extra toe on her left foot, which she has joked about in interviews.
- Oprah Winfrey is an American media mogul, talk show host, actress, and philanthropist who is one of the most influential and richest women in the world. She was born with six toes on her left foot, but had one removed when she was a child .
- Antonio Alfonseca is a former baseball pitcher from the Dominican Republic who played for several teams in the Major League Baseball. He was born with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot, which earned him the nickname “The Octopus” or “El Pulpo” in Spanish .
- Hound Dog Taylor was an American blues guitarist and singer who was known for his raw and energetic style. He had six fingers on his left hand, which he used to play slide guitar with a metal tube ..
Written by Bing AI, 22.11.2023, picture bei Bing AI